Saint Stephen's Prayer and Worship Committee
The role of the standing committee is to nourish and give direction to the liturgical aspect of the parish life by ensuring that parishioners are provided with opportunities to deepen their faith through a variety of prayer experiences and liturgical celebrations.
Meetings are the second Tuesday of each month September through May from 6:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M.
Attendance is not required at meetings.
Prayer and Worship Committee responsibilities include: altar linens, baptismal roses, Sacristy maintenance, and prayer leaders.
We the Prayer and Worship Committee are dedicated to providing St. Stephen’s Congregation the opportunity for Eucharist and other prayer experiences in a warm, welcoming and nurturing environment formed by the liturgical principles envisioned by Vatican II.
To welcome and build participation in our Prayer and Worship Committee
- To have adequate representation on Prayer and Worship from all liturgical ministries
To develop and encourage participation in our music ministry:
- Encourage additional cantors
- Enhance the adult choir.
- Cultivate additional singing groups (youth choir, guitar ensemble, etc.)
- Increase use of instrumentalists at liturgies.
- Create new groups such as a brass choir, string ensemble or youth band.
To encourage participation in our liturgical ministries:
- Train and assist hospitality ministers, greeters and ushers. Ministers chose their mass time.
- Recruit lectors. Lectors are given a workbook and are scheduled for reading at masses.
- Nourish and support Eucharistic ministers. Eucharist ministers take a cross from the board when they attend mass.
To foster prayer opportunities:
- To foster adequate catechesis
- To promote a core of Ministers of Communion who take Eucharist to the homebound, sick and elderly every week.
If interested in any of these ministries, please click on the links provided or call our Parish Office at 762-0552.
Liturgical Ministries Music Ministries