Sacred Music is a glorious and beautiful expression of prayer. In the Roman Catholic tradition, text and music corresponds to the mystery we celebrate, the structure of the rites, and the seasons of the liturgical year. In the course of the history of the Church, we have a rich heritage of musical styles including chant, polyphony, standard hymns, folk, and gospel, meditative contemporary tunes, simple melodies and rousing songs. Each style speaks to the heart of the faithful of various ages, cultural backgrounds and levels of faith. As we participate in the singing of texts of Sacred Scripture within the context of Sacred Mystery, it resonates within our hearts. Music sung together within the context of the sacred liturgy is a unifying force. Instrumental music inspires. Come and join us!
We sing in 2, 3, and 4 part harmony in a variety of styles.
We are a warm, welcoming group and we need YOUR voice!
- Rehearse on Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M.
- Sing at 10:30 A.M. Sunday Masses.
- Warm up ½ hour before each Mass.
- Sing on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Sing on Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday at 10:30 A.M. mass.
- Rehearse from September until Pentecost Sunday.
- Are assigned a Gather Hymnal
- Call the Director of Music office at 414-762-0552 and let her know of your absence.
To be a member of the adult choir, please call the director, Lynda Trani.
Bless, O Lord, us thy servants who minister in thy temple.
Grant that what we sing with our lips, we may believe in our hearts;
And what we believe in our hearts we may show forth in our lives.
Through Christ, our Lord. Amen.