Staff Member: Position Open Contact Father Robert See the Job Description in BIO
Position Open Contact Father Robert See the Job Description in BIO
St. Stephen’s Catholic Church – Oak Creek
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Coordinator of Religious Education – Part-Time
The primary function of this position as Director of Religious Education is to administrate (designs, develops, directs and evaluates) a total parish catechetical program in the Roman Catholic faith tradition. Provides leadership to assist parish communities in building a solid foundation for adult spirituality, Christian living, ministry and outreach.
Director of Religious Education – Responsibilities & Major Tasks
1) Directs and develops a coordinated approach toward a complete parish Catholic Formation program.
2) Coordinates catechesis for the sacramental program of Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation, Reconciliation, and RCIA from infancy through adulthood.
3) Promotes intergenerational involvement in the programming.
4) Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate catechists and volunteers.
5) Maintains and supplies all necessary resources for programming, to include audiovisual.
6) Works in cooperation with Christian Formation Committee to implement and evaluate priorities and goals for a concrete and total catechetical program that is effective in teaching the Roman Catholic faith and its sacraments.
7) Serves as youth minister for developing teen programs involving catechesis and service. Teen or Youth council encouraged.
8) Oversees the preparation and management of the PREP program budget.
9) Maintains regular communication with the Pastor and/or staff and appropriate groups/volunteers involved in the PREP programming.
10) Participates in parish and Archdiocesan faith building programs, training, development, and activities directed by the Pastor.
11) Understands Catholic social teaching and applies it as needed.
12) Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing who recognizes their profession as a ministry.
13) Maintains Safeguarding files and reports.
14) Collaborates with the Pastor, and understands the roles of the trustees, parish council, and other committee responsibilities.
15) Team player
Revised August 2021