The St. Stephen's Parish Religious Education Program (PREP) welcomes your family to the program, which provides a means for elementary, middle school and high school students to grow in their faith in God as Catholic Christians. We look forward to a very productive and spirit filled year.
Our catechesis aims to:
1. Promote knowledge of faith in our Trinitarian God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, as presented in Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition.
2. Promote a knowledge of the meaning of the Liturgy of the Mass and the sacraments.
3. Promote moral formation in Jesus Christ as a way of life.
4. Teach the Christian how to pray with Christ, in Christ, and in communion with the Church.
5. Initiate the Christian into the life of the local church community and foster active participation in the mission of the Church.
6. Promote a missionary spirit that prepares the Christians to witness the Christ in society.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd meets on Sunday mornings from 8:20a to 9:30a. This is for children ages 3 thru 5.
Grades Kindergarten thru Third meet on Wednesday evenings from 6:05p to 7:35p.
Grades Four thru Eight meet on alternating Wednesday evenings from 6:05p to 7:35p.
Grades Nine thru Eleven (Confirmation) meet once a month on Sunday mornings from 9a to 11:30a.
The Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion are celebrated in second grade and Confirmation is celebrated in junior year of high school.
If you would like to enroll your child in our PREP program please fill out 1 registration form per child in your family and mail in to the parish office along with 1 PREP tuition and fees form per family.
ALL forms and payments are due by August 31, 2017.